Choc-Peppermint Bliss Balls
Yesterday at Sunset Yoga there were several requests for seconds on the bliss balls of the day and a call for the recipe. I did mention that other recipes were also up, but here's the peppermint ones :)
- 1 cup of dates
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 3/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup each almond meal, coconut flour, desiccated coconut
- 2 teaspoons of cacao
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3 drops of FOOD QUALITY peppermint essential oil
- a pinch of salt
- Soak the dates in warm water for about 10 minutes.
- While the dates are soaking, blitz the walnuts until fine.
- Add all dry ingredients, blitz again.
- Add dates, peppermint oil and coconut oil.
- Blend until it has a sticky consistency.
- Add a little of the date soaking water if mixture is dry then blend again.
- Roll into balls.
- Refrigerate to keep. Take out about an hour before eating for maximum flavour.
I also added a teaspoon of ground chia and sometimes ground linseed or LSA. You can add any of those kinds of things that you like without significantly changing the flavour or consistency.
Please try them out and let me know how you go!! :)