Quick, Easy Apricot Coconut Slice
Looking for a nutritious, yummy, but mostly easy snack? Need something gluten-free, dairy-free, nut free, egg free?
This wonderful slice has been adapted from a simpler recipe a dear friend shared with me verbally, so I'm not sure where it came from. The original recipe had only 3 ingredients but I need to take the edge off the sugar load in the dried fruit, and I always need a few more healthy fats in my diet so I have added some.
If you have issues with sulphur, please choose your apricots carefully as the supermarket varieties often have preservative 220 which contains sulphur.
- your food processor of choice
- 400g of dried apricots
- 130g of desiccated coconut
- 80g of dates
- 2 tablespoons of tahini (I use heaped tablespoons, because I love sesame)
- 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- a pinch. or two, of salt
extra coconut to sprinkle in pan
2 teaspoons of roasted sesame seeds
- Line a slice pan with coconut, or cooking paper
- Blitz everything in the food processor until it sticks together when squeezed lightly (60-90 seconds)
- press the mixture firmly into the pan
- sprinkle with sesame seeds if you like
- refrigerate for at least 20 minutes
- cut into cubes or sticks
if you prefer balls, roll into balls and coat in coconut rather than putting into the pan