Japan Mindfulness Tour
Terms & Conditions
[last updated July 2018]
We welcome you on a journey to expand your horizons and experience YOU within the stillness and quiet of mindfulness, even within one of the world’s most populated countries. Please take the time to read through and understand these terms and conditions.
The Japan Mindfulness Tour (‘the tour’) is organised by Redcliffe Yoga and Massage ABN 26 345 963 470 of 57 Longland Street, Redcliffe, Queensland (Redcliffe Yoga).Any reference to ‘we’, ‘our’, ‘us’ or similar words includes Redcliffe Yoga and its business, owners, employees, agents, organisers, associates, successors and assigns.
Any reference to ‘you’ or ‘your’ or similar words includes the ticket purchaser, you, your associates, transferees, successors and assigns.
1. What is the Japan Mindfulness Tour?
A small group (maximum of 8) tour through Japan with a focus on mindfulness. Please see the website or brochure for the planned itinerary commencing from and returning to the meeting points and drop of points stated on the website and in the itinerary.
As listed on the website and itinerary
2. What is included in the Tour price?
Number of night’s accommodation as listed on website in a mix of single and twin rooms (with a possible triple share) in accommodation styles including (as available):
o traditional farmhouse (this may be triple share)
o hot spring hotel
o typical apartment
Please note that we will do our best to accommodate couples in double or twin share, but are unable to guarantee that availability in every venue. Some accommodation (eg. traditional farmhouse) may require triple share.
· Meals as listed on website/in itinerary
· Japan Rail pass (14 Days) and other local land transportation when moving as a group
· Mindfulness activities (including entry fees if applicable) as available from the following examples:
o Calligraphy, Ink wash painting
o Mandala Art, Gold leaf art
o Incense ceremony, Tea ceremony, Ikebana (flower arrangement)
o Traditional Stencil dying
o The Shamisen
o Traditional martial arts such as Japanese archery, Japanese fencing or others
o Yoga, Meditation
3. What is NOT included in the Tour price?
· Visa costs – you must arrange your own Visa. You should ensure you allow sufficient time prior to the start date of the tour for your Visa to issue. Please see our cancellation and refund policy if you have not organised your Visa in time.
· Airfares – domestic and international. You must arrange your air travel and other transport to the meeting point at the start of the tour and to get you home after the end of the tour.
· Communication costs – you must have a local sim card or roaming you are responsible for arranging your own telephone and internet access
· Local free time travel and activity costs
· Meals, other than those listed above
· Souvenirs and other spending
· Tipping (which is not customary in Japan, check with your guide for appropriateness if you wish to tip)
4. Travel Insurance
As a condition of purchasing a ticket, you agree to take out travel insurance for the tour. You must provide a copy of your travel insurance to us within 7 days of purchasing your ticket, otherwise, we may cancel your spot on the tour. We recommend that you take out travel insurance sufficient to cover any unforeseen cancellation of the tour.
5. Purchasing Your Tour Ticket
You may purchase your ticket on our website or in person. By paying the deposit (or the ticket price in full), the named ticket holder agrees that:
· You have (or will have) a valid passport with an expiry date at least 6 months after the end date of the tour and you will arrange your own Visa (if necessary) for travel within Japan;
· You are bound by the terms and conditions set out in this agreement;
· You are fit and able to independently partake in the tour;
· You acknowledge there are hazards involved with any type of travel, you have reviewed the itinerary for the tour and you are participating at your own risk; and
· Any information you provide to us about medical conditions or allergies in no way makes us responsible for your management of that medical condition or allergy, or the worsening of your medical condition or allergy, due to any aspect of the tour.
When booking your ticket on the tour, each ticket holder must ensure that your name (including middle name) is provided exactly as it appears on your passport. Any spelling corrections required will incur additional fees (for example, a spelling error may result in an amendment fee to the Japan Rail Pass).
All tour prices listed on our website or in this agreement are in $AUD.
All purchases are subject to our approval, in our absolute discretion. We reserve this right to decline your ticket purchase as we are committed to ensuring a positive experience for all participants. If we do not consider you are the right person for this tour we will let you know as soon as possible and will refund any amount paid by you (less credit card surcharges if applicable).
To make payment, you may select from the following options:
· Upfront payment in full – you may be eligible for a discounted price depending on the date the payment is made.
· Initial deposit with a payment plan in place. The deposit will hold your place on the tour provided a payment plan is entered into within 7 days of paying the deposit. It is your responsibility to ensure the payment plan is followed, funds are available for each instalment and any account detail changes are provided to us if applicable. Payment plans will be set up for automated withdrawals using Stripe. If the payment plan is not adhered to, or payment in full has not been completed at least 30 days prior to the tour start date, we reserve the right to cancel your place on the tour and refund your payments in accordance with our refund policy, less an administration fee of $200.
6. Ticket Transfer and Refund Policy
We recognise that circumstances change however, we require certainty that we have a minimum number of people to make the tour viable and are able to secure the venues and activities that we have promoted. For that reason, there can be no change in booking less than 60 days before the start of the tour. We are also limited by the terms and conditions of some of the venues or suppliers that we use.
We have formulated the following policy for transfers and refunds:
· Transfer of booking – you may ask us to transfer your booking to another person up to 60 days before the start of the tour. You must provide their written consent and there will be fees payable for the transfer (for example, you will incur an administration fee of $200, and a new Japan Rail Pass may be required at additional cost etc).
· If you have received a discount of any amount as a friend or partner of a person going on the tour and they (or you) wish to transfer your booking to another person, the full purchase price of the booking will be payable as a requirement of the transfer and any unpaid difference will need to be paid before the transfer is confirmed.
· Bookings are not transferable to another person less than 60 days before to the start of the tour.
· Please consider carefully before booking this tour. We do not refund tickets simply because you have changed your mind and wish to cancel your booking. You should purchase travel insurance to cover unexpected events which may stop you joining the tour.
· Cancellations occurring more than 60 days before the start of the tour will attract an administration fee equal to 20% of the price of the tour, plus any specific outlays already incurred (eg. Japan Rail Pass).
· Less than 60 days before the start of the tour any cancellation will attract an administration fee equal to 100% of the price of the tour, inclusive of outlays already incurred on your behalf.
· If the person cancelling their booking has a friend or partner who has received a discount for being the friend or partner, that discount will no longer apply, and the friend or partner will be required to pay the full booking amount.
7. Joining the Tour, meeting back with the Tour
It is your responsibility to join the tour at the starting point at the date and time notified to you.
It is also your responsibility to re-join the tour after any period of free-time.
Failure to or delay in joining or re-joining the tour may result in the tour going ahead or continuing without you.
It is your responsibility to take whatever action necessary, and incur whatever cost required, to re-join the tour. There will be no refund or compensation if you are unable to re-join the tour or if you miss any part of the tour.
You must notify us immediately if you are delayed (or expect to be delayed) for arrival or meet up times on any day of the tour.
You must have a local sim card or roaming available throughout the whole of the tour so that we can contact you at any time. Please notify us using Whatsapp, Line (Japanese messaging App), Messenger or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Cancellation by Redcliffe Yoga
We reserve the right to cancel the tour at any point due to insufficient numbers, in which case we will refund any money paid by you, less the surcharge incurred for purchase by credit card (if applicable).
We also reserve the right to cancel the tour due to unforeseeable events, for example, natural disasters or severe weather events. We will refund money paid by you less any credit card surcharges and non-refundable amounts or cancellation fees charged to us by third party providers.
We recommend that you take out travel insurance sufficient to cover any unforeseen cancellation of the tour.
9. Noble Silence
As part of the experience we provide, we require you to observe silence (no talking or playing of music or other noises) from 9pm each night of the tour until breakfast the next morning and on any long-distance train trip. In this agreement we call this ‘noble silence’ and the goal is to appreciate the silence, allow time for meditation and to process and assimilate your day.
While we will use our best endeavours to provide this experience, we make no guarantee that silence will be available (for instance we have no control over external noises in some environments) and we will in no circumstances be responsible or held liable for the behaviour of other participants in the tour.
10. Medical, dietary and general suitability for the Tour
By purchasing your ticket, you warrant to us that you have the physical and mental ability to keep up with the tour.
If you have any medical conditions, dietary requirements or disability (impairment) that may affect your ability to participate in the tour, you must provide details to us in writing prior to booking your ticket so we can discuss your suitability for the tour if necessary. You must also update this information if it changes prior to the tour starting.
Disclosure of the information about an impairment does not make us responsible for your condition or the impact the tour has on your impairment. We will endeavour to cater to some dietary requirements (pescatarian, dairy free or low gluten) if requested by you, however we cannot guarantee that these options will be available. Importantly, as we are relying on third party suppliers, we also cannot guarantee that allergies can be catered for.
We reserve the right at our sole discretion to prevent you from commencing or continuing the tour, if we believe you require special services or facilities that we are unable to supply, or that will significantly impact the enjoyment of the tour for either you or other persons on the tour. No refund will be available to you in these circumstances and you will be responsible for arranging alternative accommodation or dietary requirements.
We also reserve the right at our sole discretion to exclude you from the tour if your behaviour impacts on the enjoyment or safety of other persons on the tour. In addition to an impairment, this could include such things as anti-social, disruptive or abusive behaviour, the carrying of illegal items or substances or a lack of respect shown to others in relation to the noble silence. Again, no refund will be available to you in these circumstances.
These provisions do not create any positive obligation upon us to exercise our discretion to remove any person from the tour.
11. Yoga and Meditation Disclaimer
Your participation in yoga or meditation sessions is undertaken completely at your own risk. You are required to participate in all activities unless injured or ill- please let us know if you do not feel up to it.
You will have the opportunity to engage in yoga practices while on the tour. Yoga, like many forms of physical activity, has associated risks to your physical wellbeing. You warrant that you are physically fit, with no pre-existing injuries that may cause you further harm if you engage in Yoga, and before participating in a Yoga session. You understand that yoga is an individual practice and that you may do you poses differently to others in the group. You should stay pain-free in your movements and only move within a comfortable range of motion for you. We accept participants who are pregnant, provided that you are more than 12 weeks pregnant and your doctor has approved your participation.
You agree to advise the instructor immediately if you feel any discomfort during any yoga or meditation sessions.
12. Tour disclaimer
We encourage you to review the information about travelling to Japan made available by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade prior to booking your ticket. You should also keep up to date with their latest information prior to and during the tour. Their website is www.dfat.gov.au.
We make no warranty about your ability to obtain a Visa for visiting Japan for the tour. Your Passport, Visa and travel arrangements to and returning from Tokyo are your responsibility and you should research your obligations and ensure you will be able to obtain your passport, Visa and airline flights prior to booking your ticket on the tour. Refunds will not be available if you cannot, for example, obtain a Visa.
We reserve the right to change the dates of the tour, the venue(s), the cities visited, the guide/speaker/instructor and the activities for circumstances beyond our control. For example, if an instructor is unable to attend, we will arrange a replacement instructor, if a hotel is overbooked, we will find a substitute hotel. We will endeavour to give you prior notice of such changes however no refund will be available due to such changes.
The hotel descriptions and maps we provide in relation to the tour are a guide only. Some of this information has been provided to us by third parties and we take no responsibility for the accuracy of the information.
Events outside of our control (for example, local weather, road closures, cancellation of planned activities) may mean the itinerary changes during the tour and we reserve the right to make such changes in our absolute discretion. No refund will be available for such changes.
Seasonal items may or may not be available on the tour. For instance, the cherry blossoms and Autumn leaves may or may not be on show during the tour as the date the trees are in flower/changing leaf colour, varies from year to year and this is outside of our control. There will be no refund available if you miss either or both.
The tour involves a lot of walking and your will be responsible for carrying your own luggage between accommodation. A good level of fitness is required. You should consult your own doctor prior to booking your ticket and discuss this tour with them if you have any concerns about your ability. No refund will be available if you find you are unable to physically manage the tour.
We also make no representations that the tour will be suited to your mental needs. The tour involves activities focused around mindfulness and meditation however we are not providing medical or counselling services. You are responsible for your own physical and mental wellbeing.
Shopping can be a fun part of any holiday. We take no responsibility however for any shopping you undertake on the tour and you acknowledge that any use of your credit card is at your own risk, whether such shopping is completed at a place included in the tour, recommended by us or your guide or otherwise. It is advisable that you to also become familiar with the fees and costs you finance provider will charge for international transactions and exchange of money.
13. Video and Photographic Recording
You acknowledge that Redcliffe Yoga may video, photograph or otherwise record group parts of the tour and you irrevocably authorise Redcliffe Yoga to use any image, likeness or tour recording of you in any manner we chose, for example for advertising for similar tours in the future. You acknowledge that no payment will be made to you and we do not need to seek your specific consent. If you do not wish your image to be used, please inform us at the start of each class/activity on the tour.
14. Intellectual Property
Unless otherwise specified, we own the copyright in all material provided prior to and on the tour and ask that you respect our intellectual property rights. You may not use or reproduce our material or content except for your own personal use, and specifically not for commercial or profitable purposes.
We respect your privacy and collect your personal information only for the purposes of arranging the tour and to let you know about our other products or upcoming events. Please be aware that we will share your passport details with suppliers where necessary to completing bookings that form part of the tour. Other than as required to book third party items relating to the tour (for example accommodation), will not share your personal information with third parties.
For more information about how we use and store your information, please see our full privacy statement on our website.
If you have concerns with any aspect of the pre-tour procedures or the tour itself, please raise them with us as soon as possible so that we can work with you to resolve the problem. If it is not possible to resolve the issue at the time, please lodge details of the problem in writing within 30 days of the end of the tour (including receipts or other details about the problem) by email to email@example.com.
Non-Disparagement: If a dispute does arise between us, you and we agree to show mutual respect and not to engage in any behaviour that may damage the reputation of either you or us. This includes public communications (for example on social media platforms) and private communications (for example discussions with other tour participants or clients of Redcliffe Yoga).
17. Limitation of Liability and Release
You warrant that you have reviewed the proposed content of the tour for its appropriateness to your circumstances and that you consider it is fit for your purposes. No refunds are given if you change your mind about the suitability of the content.
To the fullest extent permissible by law, and, without limiting the application of Australian Consumer Law, in the event of any fault in the services, Redcliffe Yoga’s liability will be limited to the actual amount paid by you for your ticket.
To the fullest extent permissible by law, you release Redcliffe Yoga from all and any responsibility or liability for any personal injury, illness, damage to property, losses, claims, delays or demands that may directly or indirectly arise because of our delivery of or your participation in the tour.
This agreement is governed by the laws of Queensland and any dispute arising under this agreement will be settled in an appropriate court in Queensland, Australia.